Shade 9 Plugin Manager
Plugin Manager Overview
The Plugin Manager allows you to manage Shade plugins.
- The Manager enables you to select the plugins you wish to use.
- The Manager enables you to save separate lists of selected plugins.
Using the Plugin Manager
1.Start Shade and select the Plugin Manager from the Plugins menu. The Plugin Manager window appears.
The Plugin Selection Tab
2. The Plugin Selection tab shows a list of all plugins currently available. By default, all the plugins are selected. To deselect all plugins, select the Disable All Plugins option from the Setting List pull-down menu just below the title bar of the Plugin Manager window.
Once all the plugins are disabled, you can select the plugins you wish to use.
3. When your selection is completed, click the Save As button. The Save Settings dialog box appears. Enter a name for the list and click the OK button.
The saved plugin lists can be viewed using the Setting List pull-down menu.
TIP: In this example, you disabled all the plugins by selecting Disable All Plugins from the Setting List pull-down menu. Instead, you could select the desired plugins by first selecting Enable All Plugins from the Setting List menu, then deselecting plugins you do not want to use by clicking the check boxes for those plugins.
Changing the List Display Format
The Plugins can be listed by name, or grouped by Shade interface.
1. Choose either Plugin or Interface from the List Style pull-down menu. When Plugin is selected, the individual plugins are listed by name.
2. When the Interface option is selected, the plugins are grouped by Shade interface.
When the plugin names are grouped by interface, you can turn on and off individual plugins, just as when the plugins are listed by name. Note, however, that selecting or deselecting a single plugin may automatically select or deselect some associated plugins in the Interface list.
3. Click the triangle (Mac) or the + button (Win) to display the list of plugins contained in an interface. Select the plugins you wish to use.
Note: Some plugins need multiple interfaces to work. This means that these plugins cannot be used within a single interface. When you select a plugin of this type, associated plugins in other interfaces will be automatically selected.
When you switch on or off a plugin that is also used by other interfaces, the corresponding plugins in those interfaces may be switched on or off accordingly.
Deleting a Saved List
To remove a saved plugin list, select the name of the list you want to delete from the Setting List pull-down menu and then click the Remove button.
Note: The three standard options in the Setting List pulldown menu, that is, Current Setting, Enable All Plugins and Disable All Plugins, cannot be removed.
The Startup Order Tab
1. Select the Startup Order tab in the Plugin Manager window. This tab shows two lists, one on the left and one on the right.
The list on the left contains the plugins specified in the Setting List menu. The right list is the order in which the plugins will launch. Drag plugins from the left list to the right list to specify their launching order.
2. The Default Order for Plugins line indicates the default startup order for the plugins. Plugins located above this line will be loaded earlier than their default order. Plugins below this line will be loaded later than their default order.
- Default startup order for plugins
- Plugins with higher startup priority
- Plugins with lower startup priority
3. When the Set up Plugin Interface check box in the Wake Order Setting group in the Option Settings tab is selected, plugin names and their associated interfaces are displayed in the Custom Orders for Plugins list in the Startup Order tab. The plugin names displayed in the Plugin List remain the same. In this configuration, when you drag a plugin from the Plugin List onto the Custom Orders for Plugins list, the plugin is displayed together with its associated interfaces.
4. When the Set up Plugin Interface check box under the Wake Order Setting group box in the Option Settings tab is not selected, both the Plugin List list and the Custom Orders for Plugins list show plugin names only. In this case, you can specify the startup order for each plugin along with its associated interfaces (not shown) in the right list.
Note: The Default Orders for Plugins item in the Custom Orders for Plugins list cannot be moved to the Plugin List on the left.
The Options Tab
Enable Plugins of a different version than Shade
It is recommended that you use only plugins of the same version number as Shade for best compatibility. Normally, if the version of a plugin is older than the version of Shade the plugin will not be loaded when Shade launches. However, if you wish to load all plugins regardless of version number you can enable this option.
Wake Order Setting
Set Up Plugin Interface Check Box
When this check box is selected, the right list in the Startup Order tab shows plugins and their associated interfaces. This allows you to change the startup order for plugins based on their interface. When this check box is disabled, the right list shows just the file names of plugins in startup order.
Important: When you switch off this check box, the interface names in the right list of the Startup Order tab disappear, and only the plugin names are displayed in startup order.
Show Only Available Plugins Check Box
When this check box is selected, only the plugins that have been selected in the Plugin Selection tab are displayed in the left list of the Startup Order tab. If this check box is not selected, all detected plugins appear in the left list.
Use Same Startup Order Among All Setting Check Box
This check box allows you to use the same startup order regardless of the setting in the Setting List pulldown menu. When this check box is selected, the Setting List pull-down menu on the Startup Order tab is disabled, so that you cannot select an option. On the Plugin Selection tab, however, you can still select an option from the Setting List pull-down menu. However, selecting another option will only change the entries in the Plugin List box on the Startup Order tab. The entries in the Custom Orders for Plugins list on the Startup Order tab remain the same as when you switched on the Use same startup order among all setting check box.
Clicking the Default button will return the settings to their default states.
More Details Button
Clicking the More Details button at the bottom of the Plugin Manager window will display detailed information for a plugin.
The More Details area contains a pull-down menu in the center, which indicates the interface associated with the selected plugin.
Moving the More Details Area
The More Details area can be moved to a different location by dragging the inside of the area. The moved area is shown as a floating window.
When you drag the More Details window close to a horizontal or vertical edge of the Plugin Manager window, they will be combined. However, they cannot be joined if you are dragging the window by its title bar. To combine them, place the cursor over the More Details window, and drag the window so that the cursor moves over an edge of the Plugin Manager window. When the More Details window becomes fully transparent, let go of the mouse button.
The example above shows the More Details window combined with the bottom of the Plugin Manager window.
The size of the combined More Details window can be changed by dragging the separator bar. |